The Boston Bruins have already clinched the Atlantic Division, but they have not guaranteed the number one seed in the Eastern Conference just yet.
The Bruins will take on the Philadelphia Flyers today, a team that is battling to hold on to a playoff spot.
The Last Meeting: The Bruins played in Philadelphia this past Sunday. After notching two goals in the second period to take a one goal lead into the third, the Bruins surrendered a goal in the final seconds to send the game into overtime. Vincent Lecavalier scored the tying goal with 24 seconds remaining in the period. The Bruins would go on to prevail in the shootout, 3-2.
Season Series: The Bruins lead the season series with the Flyers, 2-0-0. This is the final time the two team will play each other in the regular season.
All-Time Series: This is the 182nd all-time meeting between the Bruins and Flyers. Boston leads the series 96-59-21-6.
Playoff Picture: The Bruins currently hold the best record in the Eastern Conference. The only team that could catch them for the #1 seed is the Pittsburgh Penguins, but that could change today. Should the Bruins win against Philadelphia, or the Penguins lose to Minnesota later tonight in any fashion, Boston will clinch the #1 seed in the East.
- Boston Bruins (77 GP, 111 pts.)
- Montreal Canadiens (78 GP, 95 pts.)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (77 GP, 93 pts.)
- *Detroit Red Wings (77 GP, 88 pts.)
- Toronto Maple Leafs (78 GP, 84 pts.)
- Ottawa Senators (77 GP, 78 pts.)
- Pittsburgh Penguins (77 GP, 103 pts.)
- New York Rangers (78 GP, 91 pts.)
- Philadelphia Flyers (76 GP, 87 pts.)
- *Columbus Blue Jackets (77 GP, 85 pts.)
- New Jersey Devils (77 GP, 82 pts.)
- Washington Capitals (77 GP, 81 pts.)
- Carolina Hurricanes (77 GP, 79 pts.)
-Playoff teams in bold, *indicates wild card team
- McGinn-B. Schenn-Simmonds
- MacDonald-L. Schenn
Bruins Leading Scorers:
- David Krejci (16 G, 48 A, +37*) *league-leading
- Jarome Iginla (30 G, 31 A, +34)
- Patrice Bergeron (28 G, 31 A, +36)
Flyers Leading Scorers:
- Claude Giroux (25 G, 53 A, +7)
- Jakub Voracek (21 G, 35 A, +9)
- Wayne Simmonds (25 G, 30 A, -4)
Boston: Tuukka Rask (34-15-5, .930 Save%, 2.04 GAA, 7 SO*) *league-leading
Philadelphia: Ray Emery (8-10-2, .906 Save%, 2.81 GAA)
Latest posts by Greg Celona (see all)
- Minnesota Signs Multiple Young Players in Busy Week - Jul 18, 2014
- Minnesota Wild Sign Thomas Vanek to Three-Year Deal - Jul 1, 2014
- Expected to Succeed, Bruins Fall Short in Round Two - May 14, 2014
- Bruins Falter in Montreal, Canadiens Force Game Seven - May 13, 2014
- Bruins Offensive Depth Shines in 4-2 Win over Montreal - May 10, 2014